- Jun 20, 2022 - Aug 29, 2022
- 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Absolute Beginner Tap Dance (Monday nights)
Mondays, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
The Absolute Beginner Tap class is for anyone who has never taken a tap class or wants to start again from the very beginning and move at a slower pace. Instruction in Session 1 will start from the very beginning. Students can build upon the skill developed in Session 1 by progressing to Session 2, which is a continuation of the first session and teaches students how to combine the steps learned in Session 1.
- Ages: Adults and Teens 16+
- Part 1: 5 weeks (June 20 – July 25, 2022. No class July 4)
- Part 2: 5 weeks (August 1 – 29, 2022)
- Cost: $65/single session; $125/both sessions
- Class Size: 4 students required to run class; no more than 12 students enrolled
- How to Register: Email the instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Absolute Beginner Tap Dance” in the subject line. Registration for Session 1 is preferred before Monday, June 13, but students may register through Monday, June 20 at noon.
About the Instructor: Alissa Stachowski
Alissa Stachowski grew up in Alliance, Ohio, where she studied and performed in a variety of art forms including dance, acrobatics, music, and theater. At the University of Akron, she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Dance, focused mainly on ballet and modern dance. She studied many dance forms at Contemporary Dance Theater (now known as Mutual Arts) in Cincinnati, including modern, ballet, hip hop, jazz, tap, and Afro-Caribbean/Dunham dance.
Alissa’s recent dance performances in Cincinnati through Contemporary Dance Theater include the Area Choreographers Festival and Performance and Time Arts shows with various choreographers. Outdoor performances include Global Water Dances-Cincinnati (2013, 2015, and 2021), Great Outdoor Weekend (2021), Ohio Statehouse Performing Arts Series (2016), and Bodies in Urban Spaces (2014) in conjunction with Cincinnati’s Contemporary Arts Center.