African Dance for Kids
Grades K – 6
Winter 2020 Session Cancelled
Thursdays 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Learn about West African Dance in a fun and exciting environment! The class will study the dance and cultures of Senegal, Nigeria, and Ivory Coast, incorporating music beginning with traditional drum music and moving to more modern Afrobeat. In addition to dance, we’ll also learn about the cultural histories of each country, providing students with a rich knowledge of each country’s dance tradition. No previous dance experience required!
- Session: 10 weeks (February 27 – April 30, 2019) Winter 2020 Session Cancelled
- Cost: $100 for 10-week session
- Class Size: Minimum of 5 students required to run class; no more than 20 students registered.
- More Information: Walkover service from Fairview-Clifton German Language School provided for an additional $15 one-time charge.
- How to Register: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with “African Dance for Kids” in the subject line. Registration will be confirmed via email, with class tuition due prior to the start of the course.
About the Instructor: Ndieme Ngom
Ndieme Ngom, is currently completing her final year at Cincinnati State Technical and Community College. She plans to continue her education at Mount Saint Joseph University as a Middle Childhood Education major in Science and Language Arts. Her goal is to open a school of cultural arts with a STEAM focus upon completion of her studies.