- May 25, 2022 - Aug 03, 2022
- 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- $130 for 10-week session; $15 drop in rate
Ages 13 – adult
Wednesdays, 6:00 – 7:00pm
This upcycling class is for anyone who wants to recycle everything, who wants to cut back on costs for home or gifts, or who wants to make more than just another art piece on the wall or the fridge. In this class we will take everyday items that often end up in the trash and give them a new life as art that also has practical applications in the home. This class is not just about transforming objects while in the classroom, but it is about developing the creative thinking skills to look at all the objects in our lives and transform them into other useful and wonderful things.
- Session: Summer 2018: 10 weeks (June 13 – August 22, 2018; No class July 4!) Class has been cancelled for summer. Check back here for fall class sessions!
- Class Size: Minimum of 5 students required to run the class; no more than 15 students enrolled.
- More Information: Most of the materials for this class will be provided by the instructor.
- How to Register: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Artcycling” in the subject line. Registration will be confirmed via email. Tuition is due on or before the start of the class session when paying for 10 weeks, and at the start of class when dropping in.
About the Instructor: Jessy Yarbrough
Born and raised overseas with a French mother and an American father, Jessy Yarbrough has lived in many countries. She feels lucky to have been exposed to many different cultures and people who have influenced her life choices. Originally from Provence, Jessy lived in a small village where she was taught how to make everything needed for daily life, from breakfast to toothpaste and everything in between. She has adapted these skills to contemporary life in the United States while tapping into her own creative art aesthetic.