On Becoming an Author
Saturdays, 10:30 – 11:45am
Have you ever wondered, how it would feel to write a book and publish it? You get a box in the mail, open it, and it’s the first copies of your book. You pick one up and it has your name on it. You just became an author.
This workshop will guide you through the proper steps of getting from a manuscript to a published book.
- group discussions and exercises will explore internal as well as external factors that may be preventing you from becoming an author.
- about designing a writing system
- how to visualize your book idea before it’s published.
- explore traditional and online publishing.
And finally, share a moment with a local author with an “Meet the Author” Q and A session. Bring your pen and paper, but most important your desire to get published and become an author.
- Session: 6 weeks (September 19 – October 24, 2020)
- Cost: $55 for 6-week session
- Health & Safety Measures: All CCAC Staff, Teachers, and Participants must follow CCAC’s Covid-19 Preparedness Measures and Requirements for Participation when attending class in-person.
- Class Size: Minimum of 5 students required to run class; no more than 12 students registered.
- More Information: Please bring in your book idea. No complete manuscript necessary.
- How to Register: Email instructor at email@example.com with “On Becoming an Author” in the subject line. Please identify if you are interested in a Zoom Class or In Person Class. Class registration will be confirmed via email, with tuition due prior to the first day of class.
About the Instructor: Victor Vélez
Publishing credentials: “A Quest for Answers, Xlibris, 2003, “Conga Blues” Xlibris, 2008, Salsa on the Square: A Summer of Photos” Breman Press, 2010, “Images” 30 Years of Photography, Blurb, 2013, “Donde Estas, Señor” Blurb, 2014, “Divine Reflections”Blurb, 2016, “Forecast” Blurb, 2017, “Salsa in the Nati,” 2018.