On Becoming an Author
Wednesdays, 7:00 – 8:15pm
Have you ever wondered, how it would feel to write a book and publish it? You get a box in the mail, open it, and it’s the first copies of your book. You pick one up and it has your name on it. You just became an author.
This workshop will guide you through the proper steps of getting from a manuscript to a published book.
- group discussions and exercises will explore internal as well as external factors that may be preventing you from becoming an author.
- about designing a writing system
- how to visualize your book idea before it’s published.
- explore traditional and online publishing.
And finally, share a moment with a local author with an “Meet the Author” Q and A session. Bring your pen and paper, but most important your desire to get published and become an author.
- Session: 6 weeks (September 16 – October 21, 2020)
- Cost: $55 for 6-week session
- Class Size: Minimum of 5 students required to run class; no more than 12 students registered.
- More Information: Please bring in your book idea. No complete manuscript necessary.
- How to Register: Email instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org with “On Becoming an Author” in the subject line. Please identify if you are interested in a Zoom Class or In Person Class. Class registration will be confirmed via email, with tuition due prior to the first day of class.
To attend virtual class:
Follow the registration instructions above. Link to attend classes will be emailed to you directly. Classes are hosted using Zoom, and can be attended from a computer, iPad, or smartphone; you will need to download the Zoom Mobile App. We recommend testing Zoom on your device prior to the start of class by clicking here.
About the Instructor: Victor Vélez
Publishing credentials: “A Quest for Answers, Xlibris, 2003, “Conga Blues” Xlibris, 2008, Salsa on the Square: A Summer of Photos” Breman Press, 2010, “Images” 30 Years of Photography, Blurb, 2013, “Donde Estas, Señor” Blurb, 2014, “Divine Reflections”Blurb, 2016, “Forecast” Blurb, 2017, “Salsa in the Nati,” 2018.