- Mar 24, 2022 - Apr 28, 2022
- 7:45 pm - 8:45 pm
- $60 for 5-week session; $15 to drop in
Beginner Poi Spinning
Thursdays, 7:45 – 8:45pm
Poi is a form of dance, where weights on the ends of tethers are swung through rhythmical patterns. The lessons will cover many moves such as weaves, windmills, butterfly patterns, buzz-saws, and fountains, along with techniques for developing skill with turns, sequences, and transitions. Students will learn the basics of timing, direction, planes, and terminology to progress into creating their own patterns and freedom of movement.
- Ages: Adults and Teens 13+
- Session: 5 weeks (March 24 – April 28, 2022)
- Class Size: minimum of 4 students to run class; no more than 8 students enrolled
- Cost: $60 for 5-week session; $15 to drop in
- Health & Safety Measures: All CCAC staff, teachers, and participants must follow CCAC’s Covid-19 Preparedness Measures and Requirements for Participation when attending class in-person.
- How to Register: Email the instructor at email@example.com with “Beginner Poi Spinning” in the subject line.
[vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern” z_index=””][vc_column][vc_separator type=”normal”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern”][vc_column]
About the Instructor: Gabriel Ford
Gabriel’s love of the movement arts began as a youth living in California and grew into his life’s true passion as a movement arts instructor. For over 24 years, he has developed as an artist and instructor of the martial arts, theater, and dance and has taught nunchaku as his specialty. Gabriel’s journey with poi and double staff began over 10 years ago, becoming an instructor of the martial art after learning the basics and fundamental movements.
He has performed and taught at dozens of events and festivals throughout the U.S, Europe, and Asia. He is the founder of the Cincinnati Nunchaku Club and runs the Cincinnati Flow Arts Collective.