Camp Art Academy: Take A Bow!
Ages 5 – 12
July 16-20, 9:00am – 4:30pm
As Shakespeare said, “All the world’s a stage,” and our Campers are the players in this theatrical week! We will use visual art as a lens to explore music, storytelling, art, and performance, which all come together in the theatre. From Shakespeare to set painting, prop construction to costuming and character design, at Camp Art Academy, all the world’s a stage – and a canvas!
Camp Art Academy
Camp Art Academy is an award-winning, memorable art experience for your camper. Balancing technical instruction with freedom of self-expression, Camp Art Academy’s curriculum includes fundamental visual art skill building activities, two and three dimensional hands-on experiences, top-notch guest artists and creative problem solving with lots of fun! Mornings focus on 2-D art and afternoons “take it to the next level” with 3-D projects. Classes are held at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center.
- Small class sizes ensure each child receives individual attention
- Campers work with unique and unusual art materials to unlock creativity
- Campers are grouped by age with activities that maximize interest
- Taught by highly trained artists and art educators from an accredited institution
Camp Tuition Options: Half Day or Full Day options are available for each week.
- Half Day cost is $160/week.
- A Half Day session meets Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am – 12:15 pm OR from 1:15 pm to 4:30 pm.
- During registration, please select AM session OR PM session
- Full day cost is $255/week.
- A Full Day session meets Monday to Friday from 9:00 am – 4:30 pm. Full Day campers will bring a packed lunch and 2 snacks. Lunch is held from 12:15 – 1:15 pm, with an indoor/outdoor recess.
- During registration, please select BOTH AM session and PM session
- Additional Camp Options:
- Before Camp Care (8:00 – 9:00 am): $35 per week
- After Camp Care (4:30 – 5:30 pm): $35 per week
How to Register: Click here to register for this specific week of camp. Visit the Art Academy Community Education Registration Page to view all summer camp info! Please choose carefully. No refunds will be given after the 2nd day of the selected Camp week.
About the Instructor: Art Academy of Cincinnati
We may be small, but our commitment is big. It’s the same commitment our students make to themselves: to make the best art they can. The Art Academy of Cincinnati has kept that commitment since 1869, building a rich tradition of innovation and excellence in the visual arts.
The Art Academy is one of the smallest four-year art colleges in the country, and that’s one of our greatest strengths: It means our students really get to be themselves. They receive individualized attention from faculty, the freedom to develop their personal vision, and a unique opportunity to carve out their identity.
You won’t just get an education at AAC; you’ll begin to discover who you are, personally and artistically. At the end of your four years here, you won’t be the same person you were at the beginning.