- Apr 09, 2020 - May 21, 2020
- 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- $105 per 7-week session; $200 for 2-session package
CCACMakes: Alphabet Bead Art
Grades 1 – 4
Thursdays 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Make art inspired by the alphabet! Using homemade salt dough, students will create their own creatures based on each letter of the alphabet. At the end of the session, each student will have a string of 26 individual beads to take home!
- Session: 7 weeks (April 9 – May 21, 2020)
- Cost: $105 per 7-week session; $200 for 2-session package (also enrolled in CCACMakes: Up in the Air – Art in Flight)
- Class Size: Minimum of 8 students required to run class.
- Class Location: Clifton Area Neighborhood School (3711 Clifton Avenue)
- How to Register: Click here to visit CCAC’s registration page to sign your child up for this class!
About the Instructor: Debbie Brod
Debbie, a long-time Clifton resident, has taught art to children, teenagers, and adults at the Art Academy of Cincinnati, and many other schools and colleges, including The School For Creative and Performing Arts, for more than twenty-five years. She’s led art-making workshops at the Cincinnati Art Museum, the Taft Museum of Art, the Cincinnati Contemporary Arts Center, the Civic Garden Center, the Public Libraries of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, the Kennedy Heights Arts Center, and many other community arts centers. She’s been a teaching artist with the Ohio Arts Council’s Arts Learning Program since 1994, traveling throughout Ohio and neighboring states to do intensive community-based art projects with people of all ages.
Deb has an M.F.A. in painting from the University of Cincinnati and a B.A. from Oberlin College, the Sorbonne (Paris, France) and the University of Cincinnati in French and Fine Art.
Her multi-media artwork has been exhibited regionally and nationally, including at the Cincinnati Contemporary Arts Center’s UnMuseum, the Weston Art Gallery, and the Taft Museum of Art. With a background in painting and drawing, her artwork incorporates many media and approaches, including textiles, digital imagery, and installation.
She lived in France and England, and has traveled in Europe, Israel, Russia, Mexico, Canada, Dominica, Sri Lanka, and India.
Learn more about Debbie and her work on her website: www.debrodska.com