- Jun 06, 2018
- 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra at Wednesdays in the Woods
June 6, 2018 • 7:00 – 9:00pm
Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra’s Summer of Love is presented by Warren Avenue.
Come celebrate everything great about summer at our spirited series of 10 free weekly concerts, this week featuring the musical stylings of The Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra. Good friends, good tunes, good food, good times with a variety of hands-on art making activities for the kids – all at the historic 1911 Burnet Woods bandstand!
- About the Performance: Summer of Love
- Guitar great Roger Klug and CCO principal violist Heidi Yenney will take you on a groovy trip back in time as we celebrate the Summer of Love! Hear hits from artists that helped mold a generation, including The Doors, Grateful Dead, The Turtles and Jefferson Airplane. We promise the evening will be far out, man.
- Performance Curators: Heidi Yenney, CCO principal viola and Roger Klug, guitar
- This week’s food vendors are Red Sesame Korean BBQ and Kona Ice.
- NEW! Beer available for purchase from Fifty West Brewing Company courtesy of the Cincinnati Parks Foundation and Fifty West.
The May/June Community Partner is Project Connect. Please bring donations of the following to support their summer camp programs:
- May 30 – Kids towels/flip flops for Summer Camp
- June 6 – Kids towels/flip flops for Summer Camp
- June 13 – Bottled Water
- June 20 – Bottled water
- June 27 – School supplies
About the Band: Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra
The Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra, founded in 1974, is widely recognized as one of the leading performing arts organizations in the region, creating intimate, transformative experiences that connect the musically curious. The organization has established an impressive record of presenting highly inventive collaborative programming, partnering with organizations including Madcap Puppets, MamLuft&Co. Dance, Elementz, Cincinnati Observatory and VAE: Cincinnati’s Vocal Arts Ensemble. The CCO’s size allows for flexibility and creativity in programming, the ideal ensemble for presenting orchestral works from the Baroque and Classical eras, as well as commissioned works by contemporary composers.