Girls on the Run
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:30 – 5:45 p.m.
Now more than ever, girls need the social and emotional skill-building lessons of Girls on the Run. Social isolation and stressors related to the COVID-19 pandemic may be affecting your girl more than you know. While there may be some uncertainty of what to expect for our school system this fall, Girls on the Run is prepared to adjust to meet the needs of our community.
If schools and sites are in session, GOTR afterschool programming can be delivered as in the past, with enhanced safety measures including physical distancing modifications. Should school and site close, the program will be easily transitioned to a virtual model, with lessons that mirror the in-person program. This fluid programming model ensures that participants will experience the social, emotional, and physical outcomes of the program while allowing local teams to adjust to changes in the school and community health guidelines throughout the season.
Through our program, 3rd-5th grade girls work together as a team to explore valuable lessons such as:
- Standing up for themselves and others
- Being a standbyer instead of a bystander
- Practicing empathy, inclusion, and acceptance
There is one thing you can count on: Girls on the Run is here for her! By signing her up for our program, you are giving her the opportunity to safely connect with other girls in our community in an inclusive and empowering space.
- Session: 8 weeks (September 15 – November 5, 2020)
- Cost: $132/session, on a sliding scale. GOTR Scholarships Available!
- Health & Safety Measures: All CCAC Staff, Teachers, and Participants must follow CCAC’s Covid-19 Preparedness Measures and Requirements for Participation when attending class in-person.
- Class Size: Due to the nature of the GOTR program, teams can only accept 16 girls.
- More Information: Click here to download the Fall 2020 Online Registration Flyer
- How to Register: Visit https://www.raceplanner.com/register/index/GOTRFALL20 between August 24 – September 2!