- Jun 29, 2018 - Jul 03, 2018
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- $150 for one-week camp
Ages 10 – 18
June 25 – 29, 10:00am – noon
This one-week “Music Improvising for Beginners” camp is the perfect way for students who are involved with school band, orchestra and vocal programs to have fun and stay musically engaged over the summer by learning to be creative with their musical skills! The camp will teach the basics of musical improvisation, all culminating in a Friday concert. Students will get to improvise using backing tracks that include Blues, Pop, Jazz, Rock, Folk and Classical styles! The class is designed to help students become music musically expressive and creative.
Instrumental students must provide their own instruments. (Piano players should contact the instructor to see if an electronic keyboard will be available.) Students should have previous musical experience. It is helpful if a student can play or sing a major scale. Generally, any student who has had a year of previous music experience will benefit from the class.
- Length of Session: 1 weeks (June 25 – 29, 2018)
- Camp Tuition: $150.00 (Includes a class binder for handouts)
- Class Size: 6 registered students required to run camp, with no more than 20 students enrolled.
- More Information: Contact instructor at email@example.com with specific questions.
- How to Register: Visit www.brianrivers.com to complete registration.
About the instructors: Brian Rivers
Brian Rivers is an award-winning guitarist and music instructor who is known for his warm teaching style and quality music instruction. Brian is a Clifton resident and a highly sought after private guitar instructor. He has his degree in Music Education from CCM – University of Cincinnati, ten years of classroom music teaching experience in public schools. Brian prides himself on making music education fun and relaxed. His goal is to inspire his students be life-long music makers!