Introduction to Picture Framing
Mondays, 6:30 – 8:30pm – CANCELLED FOR SUMMER SESSION
Students will learn fundamentals of picture frame design in a step-by-step format, including:
- Matting – how to choose and work with color to enhance the artwork
- Mounting – how to mount various types of artwork and photos
- Fitting – how to properly fit the works in the frame complete with hangers, the importance of framing and more.
Students will also learn moulding, mat, and glass cutting. First two weeks of course will be classroom instruction; final four weeks will be hands-on practice.
- Session: 6 weeks (June 10 – July 15, 2019) – summer session cancelled
- Class Size: 2 students needed to run class
- Cost: $360 per 6-week session
- More Information: Discount available to students already familiar with framing who wish to skip the first two weeks of instruction. Students must contact instructor at 513-304-1275 to discuss discount opportunities.
- How to Register: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Picture Framing” in the subject line. Registration will be confirmed via email, with class tuition due before the first day of class (cash, check, and credit accepted).
About the Instructor: Willie Evans
Mr. Willie Evans has been involved in the art and framing community since the mid-seventies. He is a self-taught freelance artist; he went into framing to frame his own works. Evans studied framing at various framing schools given by the Professional Picture Framers Association.