Introduction to Classical Pilates
Wednesdays, 5:00 – 6:00pm
Classical Pilates is the original style of Joseph Pilates, taught through Power Pilates NYC. This four-week introductory course will provide students with training in the method. Each session of the course begins with a basic training in fundamentals: learning and applying principles of body alignment and basic Pilates exercises, including Diaphramatic Breathing and core basics. The instructor will then help students learn and develop Mat 1 Pilates exercises, training students to know what to look for in establishing strong core muscles.
- Session: 4 weeks (June 12 – July 3, 2019). Drop-in students welcome. CANCELLED FOR SUMMER
- Cost: $36/session; $10/class drop-in.
- Class Size: Minimum of 3 students required to run course; 10 students maximum.
- More Information: Please indicate any prior training in Pilates/yoga when registering.
- How to Register: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Introduction to Classical Pilates” in the subject line. Registration will be confirmed via email. Tuition is due prior to the start of the workshop, with cash or check made out to Marilee VanArsdall accepted.
About the Instructor: Marilee VanArsdall
Marilee VanArsdall is trained and certified through Power Pilates. She trained in Toronto CA, Chicago IL, and Cincinnati at BodyMind Balance. She has twenty years teaching experience at Wellness University of Kentucky, Wellness Lifestyle Children’s Hospital, Balance Strength (a private business), and Dancers Studio in Lexington, KY.