CCAC Virtual Master Class Series: Bill Willits
Sunday, November 8 from 3:00 – 5:00pm
Internationally acclaimed guitarist and lutenist William Willits performs on the modern guitar, Renaissance lute and guitar, electric bass, ukulele, theorbo, and baroque guitar as a soloist and ensemble musician. His interests span the genres of Renaissance music, baroque continuo playing, chamber duo repertoire, large ensemble, and even rock and roll. He earned a double Master’s degree in guitar and music history from the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music, and a Bachelor’s degree in guitar performance from Grand Valley State University. In addition to performing, William maintains a studio of talented private students and has been a faculty member at the CCM summer guitar workshop. For more information, please visit williamwillits.com.
As a Master Class participant, each student has the opportunity to present a piece and learn from Bill’s expert coaching and advice. Remember to tune your guitar and warm up beforehand!
- Session: Sunday, November 8 from 3:00 – 5:00pm
- Cost: $20/session
- What to bring to master class:
- Your guitar (please tune and warm-up beforehand).
- A classical guitar piece you are currently working on.
- Your open, “beginner mind”.
- How to Register: Contact Manuel Susarret at email@example.com to register and receive Zoom meeting details.
Important considerations for meeting virtually:
- Well-lit space (light source in front or to the side, not behind you)
- Straight-back, armless chair
- Music stand (or a second chair) for your music
- WiFi-connected device