CCAC Virtual Master Class Series: Karl Wohlwend, Classical Guitarist
Sunday, August 9 from 3:00 – 5:00pm
Karl Wohlwend performs across North America, Europe, and Asia, playing guitar in a variety of styles and settings. This young guitar maestro has done it all: classical concert halls, rock ‘n roll, musical theater pit orchestras, flamenco tablao, jazz clubs, and Irish pubs. He holds a master’s degree in classical guitar performance from the Cleveland Institute of Music where he studied with John Holmquist. He earned his Bachelor of Music degree at the University of South Carolina, where he studied with Christopher Berg. Wohlwend served on the faculties of The Ohio State University, Capital University, Otterbein University, and Ohio Wesleyan University. He coordinated the jazz/improvisation program for the Chamber Music Connection, and served on the faculty of the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music’s Classical Guitar Workshop for twenty years.
As a Master Class participant, you may present your guitar piece, along with specific questions for Karl. In addition, you will have the opportunity to see and hear performances by your fellow students, along with Karl’s expert guitar work, coaching and advice.
- Session: Sunday, August 9 from 3:00 – 5:00pm
- Cost: $20/session
- What to bring to master class:
- Your guitar (please tune and warm-up beforehand).
- A classical guitar piece you are currently working on.
- Detailed questions for Karl.
- Your open, “beginner mind”.
- How to Register: Contact Manuel Susarret at firstname.lastname@example.org to register and receive Zoom meeting details.
Important considerations for meeting virtually:
- Well-lit space (light source in front or to the side, not behind you)
- Straight-back, armless chair
- Music stand (or a second chair) for your music
- WiFi-connected device