CCAC Virtual Master Class Series: Rod Stucky
Sunday, October 4 from 3:00 – 5:00pm
Rod has performed for USA and international audiences as soloist and chamber musician on classical guitar and also on renaissance and baroque guitars, lute and vihuela. He is on the faculty of UC’s College Conservatory of Music as Classical Guitar Master Teacher with the Preparatory Department, has taught an Early Music Lab for voices and lutes in the collegiate division of CCM, and is the author of “Guitar for the Young” © 2008 Les Productions d’Oz.
As a Master Class participant, you may present a piece, along with specific questions, for Rod. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to observe performances by fellow participants, along with Rod’s expert guitar work, coaching and advice. Remember to tune your guitar and warm up beforehand!
- Session: Sunday, October 4 from 3:00 – 5:00pm
- Cost: $20/session
- What to bring to master class:
- A classical guitar piece you are currently working on.
- Detailed questions for Rod.
- A pencil with eraser.
- An open, “beginner mind”.
- How to Register: Contact Manuel Susarret at email@example.com to register and receive Zoom meeting details.
Important considerations for meeting virtually:
- Well-lit space (light source in front or to the side, not behind you)
- Straight-back, armless chair
- Music stand (or a second chair) for your music
- WiFi-connected device