- Sep 15, 2018 - Dec 29, 2018
- 9:05 am - 10:00 am
- $9 per class, $30 for 4-class pass, or $100 for entire winter
Mimi T. Dance Fitness
Saturdays, 9:00 – 10:00am CANCELLED FOR FALL QUARTER
This is an interactive dance fitness class that will include beginner and intermediate level workouts. The dance styles will include, but are not limited to, afrobeat, hip hop, jazz, salsa, modern and more! The primary goal of this fitness class is to get your heart healthy, gain body control and develop muscle endurance, while having fun!
- Session: Ongoing, starting September 12 Cancelled for Fall Quarter
- Class Size: 7 – 35 students
- Cost: $9 per class, $30 for 4-class pass, or $100 for entire winter
- More Information: If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact the instructor at GetFitWithMimiT@gmail.com
- How to Register: Complete payment using the PayPal button below.
About the Instructor: Shaumia Turner
Shaumia (Mimi) Turner is the founder of Mimi T Fitness. She formally studied Kinesiology at the University of Kentucky and currently studies Health Sciences with a Concentration in Occupational and Behavioral Studies at the University of Cincinnati. Mimi started her dance training at Nancy Norrick School of Ballet from 2005-2008, then began competitive dance at All That Jazz from 2008-2010 and finally joined the Star Performance Center family from 2010-2012, where her team became World Champions at The Dance Worlds in 2011 and placed second in 2012. In those years, she has studied ballet, tap, jazz, modern, contemporary, hip hop, Caribbean dance and more. Once she graduated, she became a Dance Minor at UK and was the co-founder of Implicit Dance Crew. She also joined the UK ASA African Dance Team. At UC, she was a member of the Black Arts Collaborative Dance Department, Choreography Director of the AACRC Choir and is currently a Co-Captain of the Nationally-Ranked, UC International Dance Team, UC Dhadak. UC Dhadak is a Bollywood-Fusion dance team whose primary focus is cultural awareness, diversity and inclusion. Her love for health and the arts and having the opportunity to work for Adrenaline Fitness and Crunch Fitness, is what inspired her to create Mimi T Fitness!