- Jan 16, 2020 - Mar 05, 2020
- 10:00 am - 11:00 pm
- $10/class; $75/10-week session
Thursdays, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Calling all ageless goddesses! This class will combine standing low impact dance with a multicultural flair, core and whole body strengthening, as well as cardio intervals. We will end with mindfulness exercises. Come and experience the joy of movement and community while celebrating your unique self!
- Session: 8 weeks (January 16 – March 5, 2020)
- Cost: $10/class; $75/8-week session
- Class Size: 5 – 20 students
- More Information: Contact instructor at email@example.com for additional class details.
- How to Register: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Move It!” in the subject line. Registration will be confirmed via email, with tuition due at the start of each class session.
About the Instructor: Leslie Black
Leslie A. Black, M. Ed., has been a Health Promotion professional for more than 20 years practicing nationally and in Latin America. With her warm, compassionate style, her clients find her hands-on interactive approach to be immediately comfortable, accessible and effective. She has a BS in Rehabilitation and an M.Ed. in Counseling as well as extensive training in: Medical Literacy/Advocacy, Arthritis Foundation Exercise (certifies), Osteoporosis Exercise, Career Development Trainer Certification, Supervisory Skills Training and Body Recall Fitness Certification among other continuing Education.
Leslie has been a college instructor, corporate trainer, counselor and HR consultant, but has always woven in wellness work into her Life Coaching profession. Working with those mid-life and beyond to enhance lifelong movement, joy, health and independence is her true passion. The work is customized to the particular individual, class or group.
Instructor Statement: “I know all too well the challenges that come with chronic pain. As a former athlete and health educator, I also have suffered from severe back injuries and arthritis, among other chronic conditions. Through a combination of wellness, self-education, nutrition and therapeutic exercise following multiple surgeries, I have learned how to alleviate and overcome my pain to find joy in everyday living again. Today, I have the pleasure of helping seniors, as well as adults of all ages with chronic conditions learn how to find their joy through movement, wellness and support.
Through group class, one-on-one instruction or events, I endeavor to promote lifelong mobility, independence and optimal fitness for my clients. Some of the programs I offer include:
- Nordic walking pole instruction for special populations/athletes
- Senior wellness coaching
- Women’s wellness
- Medical literacy and advocacy
- Pool exercise in client’s private location
- Nutrition coaching
- Arthritis, Osteoporosis exercise
- Creative movement therapy
- Living with chronic conditions, preparation for surgery
In addition, I offer other group coaching programs that include:
- Women’s support groups
- Navigating transition & change