- Jun 10, 2023
- 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
On Becoming an Author Writers’ Retreat
Saturday, 10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Have you ever wondered how it feels to publish a book? You get a box in the mail, open it, and it’s the first copy of your book with your name printed. You just became an author!
This one-day writers’ retreat will change your mind set on becoming an author. Throughout the workshop, participants will:
- Explore questions like: why do you want to publish a book? In what genre do you want to write? What is preventing you from starting your book right at this moment?
- Learn best practices on your writing space, time, and designing a writing system.
- Participate in group discussions and exercises to motivate you to start and continue until you become an author.
- Explore traditional and online publishing.
- Learn how to visualize your book before it’s published.
- Take part in a Q & A session with a local author.
Beginners welcome. No complete manuscript is required. Bring your pen and paper, but most importantly, your desire to publish and become an author.
- Ages: Adults 18+
- Session: One-Time Workshop
- Summer 1: June 10, 2023
- Spring 2: August 5, 2023
- Instructor: Victor Vélez
- Cost: $150/session (includes lunch and Writers’ Workbook)
- Class Size: 5 – 15 students enrolled per session.
- How to Register: Please email the instructor at email@example.com with “On Becoming an Author Writers’ Retreat” in the subject line. Class registration will be confirmed via email with tuition due prior to the start of class.