Rhythm Roots I: Tap Dance
Ages 16 – 76
Saturdays, 11:15am – 12:15pm
Tap Dance did not start in a dance studio: it sprang from African rhythms. Cultures around the world use percussion as medicine and healing. In Tap Dance, our feet become percussive instruments. We create rhythms, we create music, we become musicians. Join a community of dancers who respect the history of tap dance and find joy in this artistic expression of Self.
- Session 1: 5 weeks (September 19 – October 17, 2020)
- Session 2: 5 weeks (October 24 – November 21, 2020)
- Cost: $65 for 5-week session; $125 for both 5-week sessions
- Location: Class will be held in an outdoor location weather permitting; location and directions will be sent by the instructor after registration. In inclement weather, class will be held on Zoom.
- How to Register: Contact instructor at (513) 541-7443
About the Instructor: Gloria Esenwein
Gloria Esenwein is a dancer, educator, choreographer, and licensed massage therapist. Her classes acknowledge the healing power of rhythm and movement and she continues to teach a respect for the history of this art form which has its rhythmic roots in black culture.
She has found inspiration in classes with Gregory Hines, Dianne Walker and Bril Barrett.