- Mar 27, 2018 - May 22, 2018
- 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- $189 for 9-week session
Ages 13 – 18
Tuesdays 6:30 – 8:30pm
A creative writing class for teens and high school students, Story Workshop encompasses all aspects of the writing process, from generating ideas to putting them on the page to sharing them with others. This class focuses on writing as an art, and on building a positive, caring, and supportive community of writers.
This is not a traditional, stuffy writing workshop — you do not need to bring any writing to share on day one. We will introduce writing exercises and develop our writing skills through in-class activities that focus on writing, sharing our work with the class, and positive feedback.
- Session: 9 weeks (March 27 – May 22, 2018) Spring Session Cancelled due to low enrollment
- Class Size: Minimum of 5 students required to run the class; no more than 12 students enrolled.
- More Information: Contact instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
- How to Register: Please email email@example.com with “Story Workshop” in the subject line. Registration will be confirmed via email, with tuition due on or before the first day of class. Tuition payable in cash or check made out to “Matthew Jent” only.
About the Instructor: Matthew Jent
Matthew Jent is a writer & educator with a BA in Fiction Writing from Columbia College Chicago and MFA in Writing from California College of the Arts. He has taught writing & improv theater to high school, college, and adult students since 2005. With a background in literary, business, and television writing, he is currently an adjunct instructor in the Department of English at the University of Indianapolis.