Tap Dance for Spunky Grownups II
Ages 16 – 96
Saturdays 10:00 – 11:00am
For those with 3+ years “on the floor”
Focus: Improved technique/speed, introduction to improvisation, more tap history, plus historical and new choreography.
Tap dance has had a historical impact on all dance forms. It springs from our African and Irish ancestors. Our feet are percussive instruments. Tap dance provides a good cardiovascular workout and is a great stress releaser. Come learn some tap basics and lift your sole/soul!
- Summer 2018 I: 5 weeks (June 16 – July 21, 2018; No Class June 30 or July 28), $65 for session
- Summer 2018 II: 3 weeks (August 4 – 18, 2018), $39 for session
- Summer 2018 Tuition: $100 if signing up for both sessions
- Class Size: Minimum 5 required to run class.
- How to Register: Contact Gloria at (513) 541–7443.
About the Instructor: Gloria Esenwein
Gloria Esenwein is a dancer/teacher/choreographer and licensed massage therapist. Esenwein has taught modern, jazz, tap, and improvisation as a 25+ year member of the Cincinnati dance community. She has taught and led movement workshops for senior citizens, MRDD adults and residents of healthcare facilities. Her tap dance studies have included classes with Gregory Hines, Diane Walker, and Savion Glover. She organized the first celebration in Cincinnati, of National Tap Dance Day, and established Women of Sole, and The Step Sisters, local rhythm tap performing groups.
She employs a call and response method in teaching, along with humor and tap history.