Tropicoso Salsa at Wednesdays in the Woods
Tonight’s concert is sponsored by Clifton Hills, Manor Hill & Lyleburn Place.
Come celebrate everything great about summer at our spirited series of 11 free weekly concerts, this week featuring the musical stylings of Tropicoso Salsa. Good friends, good tunes, good food, good times with a variety of hands-on art making activities for the kids – all at the historic 1911 Burnet Woods bandstand!
- Tonight’s food vendors are Quite Frankly and Graeter’s.
- Kindly bring donations of the following items to support our July/August Community Partner: Lighthouse Youth & Family Services
- NEW Baby items of any kind
- Developmental toys & games
- Bed & bath linens
- Dishes, cups, utensils & cookware
- NEW Socks & underwear for teens
- NEW Plain t-shirts for teens
About the Band: Topcioso Salsa
The band Tropicoso was officially formed in February of 1999 from a core group of musicians holding down a monday night Latin jam session at The Mad Frog in Cincinnati, OH. Through several personnel additions and transformations, they performed their monday night show for over 14 years, making it one of the longest running musical events in the Greater Cincinnati area. That monday night tenure recently ended, but not their long association with The Mad Frog. Frequent participants in many regional Latin festivals and events, the band has been the recipient of a number of awards over the years, including the Cammy award for “Best World Beat Band” in 2003 and two Cincinnati Entertainment Awards (2002, 2006), an award for which they have been nominated eight times, most recently in 2013.