Ukulele for Kids
Ages 8 – 13
Winter 2020 session has been cancelled
Thursdays, 4:45 – 5:45 p.m.
Explore the world of music while learning fun songs on the ukulele. After learning the basics of how to strum and hold a ukulele, students will learn songs such as “Somewhere Over the Rainbow,” “Hey Soul Sister” and many more. Bring a ukulele and a folder to organize handouts.
- Session: 8 weeks (January 9 – February 27, 2020) Winter 2020 session has been cancelled.
- Tuition: $120 for 8-week session
- Class Size: 4 students required to run class
- More Information: If you need assistance purchasing a ukulele, please contact instructor Jon Armstrong at email@example.com.
- How to register: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Ukulele for Kids” in the subject line. Registration will be confirmed via email, with tuition due prior to the first day of class.
About the Instructor: Johnny Armstrong
I have been playing guitar since the age of 9. I have studied Classical, and Jazz at CCM’s Prep Dept. in middle school and throughout high school as well as rock, folk, country etc. with other local teachers. I started teaching lessons at the age of 18 in local music stores and have never stopped. While doing this I attended The College of Mount St. Joseph where I studied Classical and Jazz guitar as well as Music Ed. In addition to my 22 years of private lesson experience, I have 2 years of classroom experience teaching general music in elementary schools. I believe it is my years as a student and instructor that enable me to be an effective teacher, having had learned what worked for me as a student, and what has shown to work as a teacher.