29 Jun Did you Cliftonpalooza?
An enthusiastic crowd of young families and music lovers of all ages — 400+ adults and over 200 kids — got a taste of things to come at CCAC’s inaugural summer music festival Sunday, June 10 at the McDonald Carriage House.
Patrons enjoyed a resplendent summer Sunday listening to the sounds of an extraordinary collection of regional musicians — along with refreshments from local businesses.
CCAC’s focus on community and improving Cincinnati’s urban quality of life were evident in the substantial crowd and the extended length of the event. With many patrons mingling, talking, and enjoying the music, the final band played on well past the scheduled close of the afternoon.
Thanks to the scores of volunteers who made it such a rousing success — and to all the bands and performers. And DOUBLE THANKS to Susan Babey and the Terra Azul Band for the sound equipment.
Cliftonpalooza Bands and Performers:
- Miss Amanda’s Music Garden
- Terra Azul — Brazilian bossa nova
- Venus Mission with Andrea Rosenthal — folk/rock
- Adam Petersen Jazz Trio
- Paul Patterson, Sylvia Mitchell & guests — violin picnic
- Heidi Yenney, Gerry & Coleman Itzkoff — string trio
- Tendency to Lose It All — rock
- Moonshine Drive — bluegrass