Wednesdays, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Water is a most essential element: transfixing to watch, enjoyable and challenging to draw and paint. Class will meet at parks and other outdoor locations, observing and drawing from the water, whether close-up, on the “shore” of a small lake, or viewing the Ohio River from an Eden Park overlook. Students will draw water’s movement, reflections, colors, simultaneously developing a sense of its place in our compositions as well as the world. Color theory will be included, and students are also encouraged to work with color intuitively.
Choose your media: from “traditional” drawing media (graphite, charcoal, conté crayon, etc.), to drawing media with color (oil pastels, water-soluble oil pastels, colored pencils, etc.) to ink to watercolor.
See below for materials needed for the first day of class.
- Age: Adults and Teens 16+
- Session: 5 weeks (September 20 – October 18, 2023
- Instructor: Deb Brod
- Cost: $150/student
- Class Size: minimum of 4 students registered to run class; no more than 12 students total
- Class Location: CCAC @ Short Vine (2728 Short Vine Street). Weather permitting, class will also meet outdoors in Cincinnati Parks.
- Registration Deadline: EXTENDED! September 18, 2023