Saturday May 7, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
In this workshop, families will work together to create sock puppets utilizing felt and other fabrics, yarn, beads, and more! You will get a short demonstration of sock puppet techniques and history at the start of the workshop, then families will let their creativity and imagination run wild in constructing fanciful puppet friends. Each participant will create a name and personality for their creation to share with the group in our mini puppet theater! BYOS (bring your own socks), or use some of ours. Families with children of all ages are invited to attend; all children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Ages: Family workshop, best for children ages 4+ with an adult
- Session: One-time workshop meeting on Saturday, May 7 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Instructor: Angie Asselin
- Cost: $30 per family
- Class Size: Minimum of 4 families required to run workshop, no more than 8 families registered.
- Class Location: CCAC @ Short Vine (2728 Short Vine Street)
- Registration Deadline: May 5, 2022
About the Instructor: Angie Asselin
Angie Asselin is an educator and installation artist with a passion for community events. Her career has been in Early Childhood Education for 25 years. Her hobbies involve being a lead volunteer for Burning Man events, Northside Community Council and PTO. Most recently Angie has been honored to create variations of an original installation piece at events at Wave Pool and the Contemporary Arts Center. Angie has been working with the CCAC since 2020 running remote schooling groups, summer camps and workshops, and looks forward to more to come!