Reports to: Program Manager
Dates: June 5 – August 31, 2023
Rate: $30/class hour plus $15/class hour planning stipend
Status: Independent Contractor
Overview: CCACMakes Instructors are responsible for the successful execution of weekly visual arts classes – including course curriculum design, supply and space preparation, and teaching – to be held at CCAC’s Short Vine location. Classes should be project-based, and designed to be engaging and hands-on, teaching students new skills in a highly interactive, personalized, tactile way. Classes meet on weekday evenings and/or Saturday mornings in up to five-week sessions, or as one- or two-part workshops. The position will regularly interact with CCAC staff, school and program partners, parents and students.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Availability to lead classes between 5:00 – 9:00 p.m. on weeknights and/or from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Create and implement course curriculum, including space set up and supply ordering.
- Independently teach and supervise up to 15 students ages 18+.
- Collect attendance information and provide to Program Manager.
- Successful candidates are extremely reliable, detail-oriented, proactive, and upbeat. They are professional in their communications and confident in their problem-solving abilities.
- High School diploma/GED required; candidates with prior teaching and classroom management experience preferred.
- Pass a local Hamilton County background check.
To Apply: Send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
- Cover letter
- 3 professional references
- 1 – 3 brief class proposals
Application Deadline: Ongoing until filled
The Clifton Cultural Arts Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for all members of our staff, participants, volunteers, contracts, and vendors.