Reports to: Programs and Communication Manager
Dates: 1 – 2 weekdays, August 24 – December 18, 2020
Rate: $30/class hour plus $15/class hour planning stipend
Status: Independent Contractor
Overview: CCACMakes Instructors are responsible for the successful execution of weekly visual arts classes – including course curriculum design, supply and space preparation, and teaching – to be held at CCAC partner locations. Classes should be designed to be engaging and hands-on, teaching students new skills in a highly interactive, personalized tactile way. Classes meet on weekdays after-school in four-week sessions. The position will regularly interact with CCAC staff, school and program partners, parents and students.
Sample classes include weaving, simple circuitry, instrument-making, hand-built ceramics and other similar hands-on experiences.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Availability from 2:00 – 5:30 p.m. on one or more weekdays (Tuesdays or Wednesdays AND Thursdays or Fridays, per the CPS Blended Model) August 24 – December 18, 2020.
- Create and implement course curriculum, including space set up and supply ordering.
- Accompany students from designated pick-up area at Fairview-Clifton German Language School and/or Clifton Area Neighborhood School to the class location across the street.
- Teach and supervise students in grades K – 6.
- Adhere to CCAC’s Covid-19 Preparedness Measures and Requirements for Participation.
- Collect attendance information and provide to Programs and Communication Manager.
- Successful candidates are extremely reliable, detail-oriented, proactive, and upbeat. They are professional in their communications and confident in their problem-solving abilities.
- High School diploma/GED required; candidates with prior teaching and classroom management experience preferred.
- Pass a local Hamilton County background check.
To Apply: Send the following information to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
- Cover letter
- 3 professional references
- 1 – 3 class proposals
Application Deadline: August 3, 2020