The Clifton Cultural Arts Center (CCAC) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to strengthening the critical link between participation in the cultural arts and successful children, adults and communities. Please see below for open job positions. CCAC is committed to creativity, diversity, inclusion, and community: applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Reports to: Program Manager
Dates: Weekdays, after-school hours
Rate: $30/class hour plus $15/class hour planning stipend
Status: Independent Contractor
CCACMakes Instructors are responsible for the successful execution of weekly visual arts classes – including course curriculum design, supply and space preparation, and teaching – to be held at CCAC partner schools and organizations. Classes should be project-based, and designed to be engaging and hands-on, teaching students new skills in a highly interactive, personalized tactile way. Classes meet on weekdays after-school in up to four-week sessions, or as one- to two-part weekend workshops. The position will regularly interact with CCAC staff, school and program partners, parents and students.
Sample classes include weaving, instrument-making, wood working, and other similar hands-on experiences.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Availability from 2:00 – 5:30 p.m. on one or more weekdays and/or on weekends during the day.
- Create and implement course curriculum, including space set up and supply ordering.
- Accompany after-school students from designated pick-up area to the classroom at partner school or organization.
- Independently teach and supervise up to 15 students in grades PreK – 6.
- Collect attendance information and provide to Program Manager.
- Successful candidates are extremely reliable, detail-oriented, proactive, and upbeat. They are professional in their communications and confident in their problem-solving abilities.
- High School diploma/GED required; candidates with prior teaching and classroom management experience preferred.
- Pass a local Hamilton County background check.
- Instructors teaching children are required to have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
To Apply: Send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
- Cover letter
- 3 professional references
- 1 – 3 class proposals
Application Deadline: Ongoing until filled
The Clifton Cultural Arts Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for all members of our staff, participants, volunteers, contracts, and vendors.