Basic Movements in Balinese Dance: Level 1
Teens and Adults
Saturdays, 12:45 – 1:30pm CANCELLED FOR FALL QUARTER
Learn the basic postures, steps, and eye movements of Balinese dancing. The art of Balinese dance comes from the island of Bali in Indonesia. A Balinese dancer uses nearly every part of their body, including the face, to express such emotions such as joy, anger, and sorrow. This class will consist of three meetings.
- Sessions: 3 weeks (September 15 – 29, 2018) Cancelled for Fall Quarter
- Cost: $30 for 3-week session
- Class Size: Minimum of 3 students required to run class
- More Information: Sarongs and other dancing props will be provided.
- How to Register: Visit https://goo.gl/forms/TDwn3DxXmBO5Q4by1 to complete registration.
About the Instructor: Kamellia Smith
Kamellia has been a Balinese dancer since she was five years old. She was a professional dancer as a teenager in her hometown of Jakarta, Indonesia. At her new home in Cincinnati she has shared her Balinese dancing with many audiences, including Contemporary Dance Theater, Northern Kentucky University, and the School for Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA). Learn more about Kamellia at https://kamelliasmith.wixsite.com/dance.