- Sep 12, 2022 - Nov 14, 2022
- 7:15 pm - 8:15 pm
Beginner Tap Dance (Monday nights)
Mondays, 7:15 – 8:15 p.m.
Beginner level tap class is for anyone who has taken the Absolute Beginner Tap class or who has a basic knowledge of tap dancing and would like to master basic tap steps at a slower pace. Alissa’s classes are Musical Theater style tap, and will focus on short combinations, traveling across the floor, and learning simple choreography.
- Ages: Adults and Teens 16+
- Fall Session 1: 5 weeks (September 12 – October 10, 2022)
- Fall Session 2: 5 weeks (October 17 – November 14, 2022)
- Instructor: Alissa Stachowski
- Cost: $65/single session; $125/both Fall sessions
- Class Size: 4 students required to run class; no more than 12 students enrolled
- How to Register: Email the instructor at email@example.com with “Beginner Tap Dance (Monday nights)” in the subject line. Registration by a minimum of 4 students is needed by Thursday, September 8 (Fall Session 1) and Thursday, October 13 (Fall Session 2), but students may register through the Sunday before class begins, if the minimum requirement is met.
Alissa Stachowski grew up in Alliance, Ohio, where she studied and performed in a variety of art forms including dance, acrobatics, music, and theater. At the University of Akron, she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Dance, focused mainly on ballet and modern dance. She studied many dance forms at Contemporary Dance Theater (now known as Mutual Arts) in Cincinnati, including modern, ballet, hip hop, jazz, tap, and Afro-Caribbean/Dunham dance.
Alissa’s recent dance performances in Cincinnati through Contemporary Dance Theater include the Area Choreographers Festival and Performance and Time Arts shows with various choreographers. Outdoor performances include Global Water Dances-Cincinnati (2013, 2015, and 2021), Great Outdoor Weekend (2021), Ohio Statehouse Performing Arts Series (2016), and Bodies in Urban Spaces (2014) in conjunction with Cincinnati’s Contemporary Arts Center.