From Prose to Poems
Tuesdays, 6:30 – 7:45 p.m.
- About narrative, rhymes, personification styles of poems
- Line stanzas, being a radar to a potential poem, the poetic verse
- How to publish a collection of your poems and more…
This workshop will help select memorable events in your life and create a poem. First, you choose experiences you want to share and write them down as regular prose writing. Then you convert your prose story into a poem. But here’s the FUN! All final poems from the participants will be published in a small anthology book of poems for you to share with family and friends.
- Session: 5 weeks (September 14 – October 12, 2021)
- Cost: $60 for 5-week session
- Class Size: 5 – 12 students
- How to Register: Email instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org with “From Prose to Poems” in the subject line. Class sessions are held In Person. COVID-19 state regulations required. Class registration will be confirmed via email, with tuition due before the first day of class.
About the Instructor: Victor Vélez
Publishing credentials: “A Quest for Answers, Xlibris, 2003, “Conga Blues” Xlibris, 2008, Salsa on the Square: A Summer of Photos” Breman Press, 2010, “Images” 30 Years of Photography, Blurb, 2013, “Donde Estas, Señor” Blurb, 2014, “Divine Reflections” Blurb, 2016, “Forecast” Blurb, 2017, “Salsa in the ‘Nati,” 2018.