From Prose to Poems
Wednesdays, 6:30 – 7:45 p.m.
Want to learn how to write a poem or a collection of poetry from your life experience?
This workshop will help select memorable events in your life and create a poem. First, you choose experiences you want to share and write them down as regular prose writing. Then you convert your prose story into a poem. But here’s the FUN! All final poems from the participants will be published in a small anthology book of poems for you to share with family and friends.
- Session: 5 weeks (January 6 – February 3, 2021)
- Cost: $60 for 5-week session
- Class Size: 5 – 12 students
- Health & Safety Measures: All CCAC Staff, Teachers, and Participants must follow CCAC’s Covid-19 Preparedness Measures and Requirements for Participation when attending class in-person.
- How to Register: Email instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org with “From Prose to Poems” in the subject line. Class sessions are held In Person. Class registration will be confirmed via email, with tuition due before the first day of class.
About the Instructor: Victor Vélez
Publishing credentials: “A Quest for Answers, Xlibris, 2003, “Conga Blues” Xlibris, 2008, Salsa on the Square: A Summer of Photos” Breman Press, 2010, “Images” 30 Years of Photography, Blurb, 2013, “Donde Estas, Señor” Blurb, 2014, “Divine Reflections” Blurb, 2016, “Forecast” Blurb, 2017, “Salsa in the ‘Nati,” 2018.