- Apr 11 - 18, 2020
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- $30 per class; $50 for both classes
Hula Hoop Beginner Workshop
In light of the directives issued by the Governor’s office to limit the spread of the coronavirus in our region, this class has been cancelled.
Saturdays, 1:00 – 2:00pm
Each class will offer brief instruction on the difference between “on-body” and “off-body” and break down how to do each trick in the lesson. For the remainder of the class, students will practice these tricks with interactive, guided instruction and have the opportunity to ask questions and gain feedback.
The first week will introduce on-body hula hooping, with students learning how to do escalators and chest rolls. The second week will introduce off-body hula hooping, with students learning how to do weaves and isolations.
Should the shelter-in-place order in Ohio be extended, this class will be offered virtually.
- Session: 2 weeks (April 11 – 18, 2020)
- Cost: $30 per class; $50 for both classes
- Class Size: No more than 8 students will be enrolled.
- Class Location: CCAC @ Short Vine (2728 Short Vine Street)
- How to Register: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Hoop Class” in the subject line. Payment will be accepted through PayPal. You must register by 3/28/2020.
About the Instructor: Emily Skinner
I’ve been a self-taught hula hooper since 2014 and now I want to share what I’ve learned with you! Hula hooping has helped me gain a sense of connectedness with my mind & body and it’s a great way to exercise that is fun and exciting. I believe that everyone can benefit from the magic of flow arts in any form and use these practices for better mental, physical, and emotional health