- Feb 06, 2023 - Mar 06, 2023
- 6:00 pm - 7:10 pm
Modern Dance – Global Water Dances
Mondays, 6:00 – 7:10 p.m.
This mixed level Modern Dance course will focus on natural full body flowing movement styles that can be modified for various dance experiences and fitness levels. Class will consist of shorter technique exercises that condition the body and breaks down the style and steps, as well as choreography that can be performed at our local Global Water Dances performances in June (optional), or learned simply for enjoyment, fitness, and artist experiences.
Learn more about Global Water Dances at https://globalwaterdances.org/ and contact the instructor for examples of the style of class.
- Ages: Adults and Teens 14+
- Session: 5 weeks
- Spring 2: February 6 – March 6, 2023
- Spring 3: March 13 – April 10, 2023
- Spring 4: April 17 – May 15, 2023
- Instructor: Alissa Stachowski
- Cost: $50/session. Contact instructor if full or partial scholarships are needed.
- Class Size: 4 students required to run class; no more than 12 students enrolled
- How to Register: Email the instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Modern Dance – Global Water Dances” in the subject line. Registration by a minimum of 4 students is needed by the Thursday prior to the start of each session, but students may register through the Sunday before class begins, if the minimum requirement is met in advance.
Alissa Stachowski grew up in Alliance, Ohio, where she studied and performed in a variety of art forms including dance, acrobatics, music, and theater. At the University of Akron, she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Dance, focused mainly on ballet and modern dance. She studied many dance forms at Contemporary Dance Theater (now known as Mutual Arts) in Cincinnati, including modern, ballet, hip hop, jazz, tap, and Afro-Caribbean/Dunham dance.
Alissa’s recent dance performances in Cincinnati through Contemporary Dance Theater include the Area Choreographers Festival and Performance and Time Arts shows with various choreographers. Outdoor performances include Global Water Dances-Cincinnati (2013, 2015, and 2021), Great Outdoor Weekend (2021), Ohio Statehouse Performing Arts Series (2016), and Bodies in Urban Spaces (2014) in conjunction with Cincinnati’s Contemporary Arts Center.