On Becoming an Author
Saturdays, 10:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Have you ever wondered, how it would feel to write a book and publish it? You get a box in the mail, open it, and it’s the first copies of your book. You pick one up and it has your name on it. You just became an author.
This workshop will guide you through the proper steps of getting from a manuscript to a published book:
- Group discussions and exercises will explore internal as well as external factors that may be preventing you from becoming an author.
- Designing a writing system.
- How to visualize your book idea before it’s published.
- Explore traditional and online publishing.
And finally, share a moment with a local author with an “Meet the Author” Q and A session. Bring your pen and paper, but most important your desire to get published and become an author.
- Session: 6 weeks (June 12 – July 17, 2021)
- Cost: $70 for 6-week session
- Class Size: 5 – 12 students enrolled
- More Information: Please prepare your book idea for discussion. No complete manuscript necessary.
- Health & Safety Measures: All CCAC Staff, Teachers, and Participants must follow CCAC’s Covid-19 Preparedness Measures and Requirements for Participation when attending class in-person.
- How to Register: Please email instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org with “On Becoming an Author” in the subject line. Class sessions are held In Person. COVID-19 state regulations required. Class registration will be confirmed via email, with tuition due before the first day of class.
About the Instructor: Victor Vélez
Publishing credentials: “A Quest for Answers, Xlibris, 2003, “Conga Blues” Xlibris, 2008, Salsa on the Square: A Summer of Photos” Breman Press, 2010, “Images” 30 Years of Photography, Blurb, 2013, “Donde Estas, Señor” Blurb, 2014, “Divine Reflections” Blurb, 2016, “Forecast” Blurb, 2017, “Salsa in the ‘Nati,” 2018.