- Sep 20, 2022 - Oct 04, 2022
- 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
On Becoming an Author
Tuesdays, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Have you ever wondered how it would feel to write a book and have it published? Imagine getting a box in the mail, opening it, and seeing the first copies of your book—your name is on the cover! You just became an author.
This course will guide you through the proper steps from manuscript to published book and includes instruction on:
- Designing a writing system
- Visualizing your book idea before it’s published
- Exploring traditional and online publishing
- Examining internal and external factors, through group discussions and exercises, that may be preventing you from becoming an author.
And finally, share a moment with a local author at a “Meet the Author” Q and A session. Bring pen and paper, but most important your desire to get published and become an author.
- Ages: 18+
- Session: 3 weeks (September 20 – October 4, 2022)
- Instructor: Victor Vélez
- Cost: $90 for 3-week session
- Class Size: 5 – 12 students enrolled
- More Information: Please prepare your book idea for discussion. No complete manuscript necessary.
- How to Register: Please email the instructor at email@example.com with “On Becoming an Author” in the subject line. Class registration will be confirmed via email with tuition due before the first day of class.
Victor, a native of Puerto Rico, grew up in New York City and now lives in Cincinnati, Ohio. His creative talents are expressed through multiple artistic disciplines as a writer, poet, photographer, and musician. Victor studied Communication Arts at St. Francis College in Brooklyn, New York and began his writing career as a freelance writer in the early 1980s.
Victor’s published work includes A Quest for Answers: A Personal Journey (2003), Salsa on the Square: A Summer of Photos (2010) celebrating the annual summer salsa series on Cincinnati’s Fountain Square, Donde Esta, Señor? (Where Are You, Lord?) written in Spanish, and most recently, the suspense thriller Triduum of All Hallows (2022). He is the author of five poetry books.