- Nov 29, 2018 - Jan 26, 2019
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- $7/class; $96/session if paid in advance
World Rhythms for the Young at Heart
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:00 – 11:00am
A class for all levels and adults of all ages! The class will be standing low impact dance with a multicultural flair. Class will include moves to stretch, strengthen, and improve cardiovascular fitness. No prior dance experience is needed. Come and experience the joy of dancing like nobody is watching and have a great fun workout!
Wear loose comfortable clothing and supportive footwear. All participants should bring water. For more information, contact instructor at email@example.com
- Session: 8 weeks (October 2 – November 29, 2018; no class Nov. 6, 13, 20, or 22)
- Cost: $7 per class; $96 per 8-week session
- Class Size: 5 students required to run class
- How to Register: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “World Rhythms” in the subject line. Registration will be confirmed via email.
About the Instructor: Leslie Black, M. Ed.
Leslie A. Black, M. Ed., has been a Health Promotion professional for more than 20 years practicing nationally and in Latin America. With her warm, compassionate style, her clients find her hands-on interactive approach to be immediately comfortable, accessible and effective. She has a BS in Rehabilitation and an M.Ed. in Counseling as well as extensive training in: Medical Literacy/Advocacy, Arthritis Foundation Exercise (certified), Osteoporosis Exercise, Career Development Trainer Certification, Supervisory Skills Training and Body Recall Fitness Certification among other continuing Education.
Leslie has been a college instructor, corporate trainer, counselor and HR consultant, but has always woven in wellness work into her Life Coaching profession. Working with those mid-life and beyond to enhance lifelong movement, joy, health and independence is her true passion. The work is customized to the particular individual, class or group.
Instructor Statement: “I know all too well the challenges that come with chronic pain. As a former athlete and health educator, I also have suffered from severe back injuries and arthritis, among other chronic conditions. Through a combination of wellness, self-education, nutrition and therapeutic exercise following multiple surgeries, I have learned how to alleviate and overcome my pain to find joy in everyday living again. Today, I have the pleasure of helping seniors, as well as adults of all ages with chronic conditions learn how to find their joy through movement, wellness and support.
Through group class, one-on-one instruction or events, I endeavor to promote lifelong mobility, independence and optimal fitness for my clients. Some of the programs I offer include:
- Nordic walking pole instruction for special populations/athletes
- Senior wellness coaching
- Women’s wellness
- Medical literacy and advocacy
- Pool exercise in client’s private location
- Nutrition coaching
- Arthritis, Osteoporosis exercise
- Creative movement therapy
- Living with chronic conditions, preparation for surgery
In addition, I offer other group coaching programs that include:
- Women’s support groups
- Navigating transition & change
- Stress management