Wednesdays, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Water is a most essential element: transfixing to watch, enjoyable and challenging to draw and paint. The class will meet at parks and other outdoor locations so that you can observe and draw from the water, whether close-up, on the shore of a small lake, or viewing the Ohio River from an Eden Park overlook. You will draw water’s movement, reflections, and colors, simultaneously developing a sense of its place in our compositions as well as the world. Color theory will be included, but you are also encouraged to work with color intuitively.
Choose a medium that inspires you, whether traditional drawing forms like graphite, charcoal, and conté crayon or colored media like oil pastels, colored pencils, ink, and watercolor.
See below for materials needed for the first day of class.
- Age: Adults and Teens 16+
- Session: April 24 - May 22 (5 weeks)
- Instructor: Deb Brod
- Cost: $150/student
- Class Size: minimum of 4 students registered to run class; no more than 15 students total
- Class Location: CCAC's new home (3412 Clifton Ave) – Weather permitting, class will also meet outdoors in Cincinnati Parks.
- Registration Deadline: September 18, 2023